Lavender essential oil is one of my more popular oils that I use. It's benefits vary from skin care to cleaning to relaxing. If you are just starting out with essential oils then this should be one of your first oils to purchase.
Here are a few ways to use lavender!
- Relaxing bath: 1 cup Epsom salts + 4 drops lavender EO. Run bath water and pour the entire mixture of Epsom salts and EO into the tub. Soak for 20 minutes to enjoy lavenders relaxation benefits.
- Muscle relaxation: sore,tired muscles?? massage 4 drops lavender EO mixed with 1 tbsp carrier oil of your choice. You may apply heat for extra absorbency.
- Bee sting or insect bite: lavender is gentle enough to be used alone or at a low dilution to helps ease the pain, itching and swelling. Use 1 drop of oil right on the bite or sting.
- Baby bath: mix 1 part coconut milk + 1 part castile soap + a few drops of lavender and cedarwood EO
- Lash serum: add a few drops of lavender EO to mascara to help lashes grow longer
- Nosebleed: put 1 drop of lavender EO on a tissue and wrap it around a small piece ice and place under the middle of the top lip to the base of the nose to help stop a nosebleed.
- Minor burn: put a few drops of oil on the burn. It will reduce pain, redness and swelling.
- Promote hair growth: place a few drops of lavender EO on hair brush before brushing hair or add to a leave-in conditioner.
- Hair mask: 2 tbsp argan oil + 5 drops lavender, rosemary and peppermint. Mix together, apply to dry hair. Let sit with a plastic cap over it for 30 minutes. Shampoo and condition as normal.